Mission and Fair Oaks
1. No matter where you're waxing, check the skin before you go in for your appointment. Broken skin or inflammation needs to heal before you're ready to wax. If you have moles or beauty marks, point them out to the esthetician so they can be protected during the waxing process.
LET IT GROW...BUT NOT TOO LONG
2. Keep hair long enough for the wax to grip it. When the hair is too short, the wax can't pick it up well enough to remove it; when it's too long, it prevents wax from adhering and causes more pain. Two to three weeks of growth, or about an eighth to a quarter of an inch, is ideal for leg, underarm and bikini hair.
3. Gently exfoliate your skin a day or two before waxing, but skip harsh scrubs the day of your waxing appointment. Exfoliation helps wax grab hair and not skin, but it can also leave skin more sensitive to pain, so lighter is better. A rough washcloth is perfect for gentle exfoliation, but don't scrub too hard.
MOISTURIZE UNTIL THE DAY OF
4. Moisturize well on the days leading up to your appointment. Healthy, well-moisturized skin allows the wax to release more easily. Too much moisturizer could coat the hair and interfere with the wax's grip, so avoid moisturizing on the day of your waxing session.
THE BIKINI AREA
5. Whether you prefer a Brazilian wax, LA wax or regular bikini, keep skin in the bikini area scrupulously clean. Waxing can leave skin vulnerable to infection, and areas of the body that are normally warm and damp are more prone to bacterial growth.
TAKE A RETIN-A BREAK
6. Certain medications can sensitize skin to waxing. Retin-A creams do amazing things for fine lines, acne and uneven pigmentation, but they also leave skin susceptible to injury during waxing. Discontinue retinol-based products for two weeks before waxing. Accutane users should stop taking their medication for a month before waxing. Before making any changes to your prescription medications, talk to your dermatologist.
Call or send a text message to Wax Boutique LA at 949.209.7561 and include your name, desired service(s) and desired appointment date and time.
Lashes should be completely natural (no extensions), do not wear eye makeup, and remove contacts prior to your appointment.
You will be charged the full amount of service if cancellation is less than 24 hours from appointment date/time
Wax Boutique LA will send you a reminder text message of your upcoming scheduled services. Please reply to the message to confirm you are able to make the appointment. If you do not respond by the next day the appointment will be cancelled.
Copyright © Wax boutique LA. All rights reserved.